"The plant is toxic. Ingested by children it can cause mouth ulcerations, and vomiting. A small amount of leaves chewed by a dog or cat is even more dangerous and potentially lethal. If you suspect a child or animal has eaten peace lily, you should contact poison control immediately. For the safety of all residents in your home, it’s suggested that you do not keep peace lilies if you have children or animals."
We have two cats, though, and they leave this alone, although they do like to chew on a couple of others.A little private joke at our house. DH adores Dove Bars, but only milk chocolate with almonds. He always has a box in the freezer. Yesterday when he stopped to get another, the store only had dark chocolate without almonds. He shopped around until he found the ones he likes, and then -- just to make sure no emergencies arise such as having to go to bed without his evening Dove Bar -- he stocked up:
I laughed when I opened the freezer door.