Monday, June 8, 2009

Bad couple of weeks

I have had a nasty virus and a houseguest; poor pet -- it has to have been a bummer visit for her. Very little accomplished, just a lot of coughing and blowing. One day we did make fiber postcards; here's mine:

Coplan's and Bodie's quilts are finished, but I haven't had a chance to take photos of them yet. I still have to get the final border on the Four-Patch Posies quilt. But I will be out of town through Sunday, at the annual retreat of my religious order. If I can go, that is. I doubt I'm still contagious, but I can't cough all through the silent retreat, that would be most unkind! I do hope I can attend; this year promises to be very special, and every year is important.

The day after I get home, I will have surgery on my shoulder, for several problems, including a torn rotator cuff. I'm looking forward to getting that over with.

So my knitting and sewing, and perhaps typing, will be on vacation for a bit while I mend. I'm enjoying a couple of new books by Mark Schweitzer of St. James Music Press. They are laugh-out-loud funny, about a chief of police who is also organist and choirmaster of an Episcopal Church in Appalachia, and also aspires to write hard-boiled detective novels, which are truly awful. Good reading for when my mind is mush.

Gratitudes:
cool summer so far
a pileated woodpecker near the house
a red-headed woodpecker for the first time in years

1 comment:

Finn said...

Hi Susan, seems like way too many things for one person to cope with. I'm sure your guest understood. It's not as if we can choose to "not" have a cold when it's not convenient.
And the cold will have to be gone before the surgery. So, consider yourself well, and hugged!, Finn
P.S. I'll be back to check on you.