Thursday, January 7, 2010

Even More Mysterious

I have a clue -- I think -- and maybe one of you can now tell me what's going on. Two to four days after I upload a photo from my camera to iPhoto, I can get it on this blog. But not before. This has happened twice now; I thought the first time I had just missed something, but tonight it happened again.

At least I can show you what I've been doing this week. Remember this very boring quilt that's been on my design wall forever?

I've been jazzing it up with these hollow cube hexagons:

I now have them all the way down to the bottom, getting darker in value all the way. And I have the setting pieces and border up too. But even if I take a photo tomorrow, I won't be able to show you for a couple of more days, until blogspot decides to accept them from my computer!

Now to put this baby together. It has to be done in half-hexagon rows, and I dasn't take more than two pieces down at a time to sew for fear of getting the pieces mixed up. So it will take me a while. I haven't dared take this off the design wall until I was ready to sew it together for the same reason, and I'm getting very sick of looking at it!

Gratitudes:
finally getting near the finish line with this quilt
beautiful snow tonight
a warm house and two kitties

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a nice addition those cubes make to your 'one-block wonder'. Slow and steady wins the race, as Aesop used to say. :)