Sunday, August 9, 2009

The name I couldn't remember is Laura Wasilowski, a doyenne of the Chicago School of Fusing. Here's what I learned to do at the class yesterday, taught by one of her proteges:

I want to add a couple of spiky purple flowers yet, and I'm not happy with the center of the one-of-a-kind pink flower so will probably change it. I don't know where this three-dimensional technique will come in handy, but I'm glad to add it to my repertoire. It has possibilities for a fun project for my granddaughter to do.

I have been thinking about things I would like to see happen, and have begun a list. (This is a work in progress.)

Cross-country trucks off the roads and onto the rails.
Convenient passenger rail service between cities of 100,000 or more.
Cell phone service providers share their towers with each other.
Mosquitoes become extinct.
Policy decisions based on facts and reason, not mob threats and rumors.

Gratitudes:
I am healing ahead of schedule, even if it feels glacially slow.
I tried something new and different for supper and DH liked it.

1 comment:

Kathy Whitt said...

I agree with your list of wishes except the mosquitoes. They are in the food chain as food for bats. I would arrange for mosquitoes to be allergic to people.