Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bad girl!

I wonder if I should be trying to blog; sometimes it's just impossible to keep up with it. We had a wonderful time in Colorado (pictures at 10), were home just a few days and I went on a quilting retreat.

You'll recognize this sort of thing that goes on at retreats:
Here's what I mostly did -- 331 flying geese. I have to finish the last 29 for a total of 360 for a block exchange in January.

Some candids:

Janet (left) does the most beautiful handwork. Gayle's a new grandma, and her son and daughter-in-law, the new parents, are the CSA farmers who have kept us in excellent organic veggies all summer.

Maria from Chicago (left) and Annie from Pittsburgh.

The other thing I did was get the last border on the blue Four Patch Posy, piece the backing and prepare the binding. Monday morning I took it to the long-arm quilter, and it should be done by Christmas.

Gratitudes:
I'm surviving this crazy year
Time with good friends
The freedom to play

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Time for a retreat, how lovely. We read you when you write and think of you when you don't. It's all good. :)